What People are Saying
"....the finest teacher of the modern craft of storytelling. Period."
----Carmen Deedy, storyteller & author
“This is the best workshop I have ever been to! Sherry is very knowledgeable and enthusiastic, and she provided lots of practical ideas we can go right back to the library and use tomorrow!”
–Librarian, Knox County (TN) Public Library
Sherry Norfolk offers a wide variety of staff development opportunities for educators. She is a professional teaching artist who performs and teaches storytelling nationally and internationally.
- Adjunct Professor, Lesley University (Integrated Arts in Learning program) 2009-date.
- Adjunct Professor, East Tennessee State University (Storytelling Masters Program) 2011.
- Adjunct Professor, Mercer University-Atlanta (1996-1998) and Florida Atlantic University (1987-1988).
- Co-author of award-winning arts-integration books: The Storytelling Classroom: Applications Across the Curriculum (Libraries Unlimited, 2006) and Literacy Development in the Storytelling Classroom (Libraries Unlimited, 2009), Social Studies in the Storytelling Classroom (Parkhurst Brothers Publishing, forthcoming 2012).
- Teaching Artist with Tennessee Arts Commission’s Value Plus Schools and Arts360° programs (2009 Teaching Artist of the Year); rostered artist with Mississippi Arts Commission, Georgia Council for the Arts, Louisiana Council for the Arts, Interchange / COCA St. Louis, South Carolina Arts Commission, Tennessee Arts Commission (teaching artist and professional development), Virginia Commission on the Arts